covid – 19 Policy for the 21st Annual FunnyFest Calgary Comedy Festival Society:
Philosophical Point of Reference: Laughter is an ESSENTIAL SERVICE during these uncertain times and MENTAL HEALTH can be helped immensely by FunnyFest SHARING the “GIFT of LAUGHTER“. Therefore, FunnyFest will follow ALL official health orders, but we will try not to cancel ANY events, if we are legally permitted to host the events!
COVID-19 Guidance and Policy for FunnyFest:
Up until the New Health Order of Nov. 24, 2020 — (We were permitted) Per Alberta Health Services permitted attendance with organized, ticketed and designated seated audience events “Gathering restrictions”: ••• 100 people maximum for outdoor social gatherings and indoor seated audience events. •••
- Policy DIRECTION FunnyFest Follows:
Under current Chief Medical Officer of Health Orders, FunnyFest is required to:
Implement practices to minimize the risk of transmission of infection among attendees —
A. provide procedures for rapid response if an attendee develops symptoms of illness;
B. ensure that attendees maintain high levels of sanitation and personal hygiene;
C. comply, to the extent possible, public health and infection prevention and control measures for Risk Mitigation
D. General Guidance —
- Encourage and facilitate staff and patrons to stay up to date with developments related to COVID-19.
- Notify staff and patrons of the steps being taken to prevent the risk of transmission, and the importance of their roles in these measures.
- COVID-19 signage should be posted in highly visible locations:
- “Help prevent the spread” posters are available.
- FunnyFest must follow CMOH Order 05-2020, which establishes legal requirements for quarantine and isolation.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19; with a history of international travel in the last 14 days; or with close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days must remain at home.
Click Here for more info on pandemic policies or if you have questions.
FunnyFest Comedy shares the “GIFT of LAUGHTER“ and we are happy to be a proud supporter of the Community of Calgary!
Click here for more information on Events: Click Here
Stay well and GOOD LUCK!